Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: M&H Beccles General Manager
Location: M&H Plastics, London Road, Beccles, Suffolk, NR34 8TS
The role of the M&H Beccles CFO is to contribute to the overall success of the organisation by effectively managing all financial tasks for the Beccles and Ellough sites.
M&H Beccles/Ellough CFO principal function:
- Lead M&H finance, purchasing & IT teams
- Key part of M&H Beccles site management team
- Lead M&H financial strategy with appropriate reporting & KPIs, etc.
- Support M&H Group financial strategy with appropriate reporting & KPIs, etc.
M&H Beccles Finance Team Responsibilities:
- Participate in M&H Beccles and Ellough management meetings, providing appropriate financial reporting
- Manage and develop the Finance Team in accordance with Company Policies
- Along with the Financial Controller, develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Review monthly results and develop monthly variance reporting
- Along with the Financial Controller, develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee preparation of all supporting information for the annual statutory audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Oversee documentation and maintenance of complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Along with the Financial Controller, develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Ensure appropriate management of company cash flow and ensure preparation of cash flow forecasts in accordance with company policies
- Oversee reconciliation of bank accounts
- Lead working capital management (Credit control / FG stock control / etc.)
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Along with the Financial Controller, develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Oversee the management and acquisition of capital assets, including obtaining and documenting appropriate authorisations and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Liaise with the Berry Global/RPC Group Treasurer and Berry Global/RPC Group Company Secretary as appropriate
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner and to ensure that all statutory filings and remittances are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure budgets and forecasts are prepared according to Group timings
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports and facilitates good decision making
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Review and develop product costing / pricing structure
M&H Beccles Purchasing Team Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the M&H Beccles Purchasing Team
- Support the Purchasing Manager so the team can negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
- Along with the Purchasing Manager, establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
- Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
- Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
- Support the purchasing manager so that the team can manage material flow to ensure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Along with the Purchasing Manager and aligned to Berry Global/RPC buying programmes, strategically develop and implement supply chain strategies covering all materials, packaging, services and supplier processes throughout the business to drive cost out of the supply chain, whilst maintaining levels of supply and quality.
- Along with the Purchasing Manager manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
- Along with the Purchasing Manager manage cost savings initiatives in line with profit improvement and overall business objectives.
M&H Beccles IT Systems Team Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the M&H Beccles IT Systems Team
- Along with the IT Systems Manager, manage, maintain and develop the IT and communications infrastructure for the business.
- Along with the IT Systems Manager, maintain a rolling review of IT infrastructure ageing and relative replacement costs and ensure that a budget is maintained for improvements, upgrades and replacements as necessary.
- Along with the IT Systems Manager, and commercial manager, maintain and develop the ERP system for the business, including ensuring the long-term sustainability and functionality of the platform.
- Ensure that the IT Systems Team work closely with colleagues at M&H Beccles in order to support their IT needs, including establishing where IT development might make a difference to the business
Essential qualifications, skills and knowledge:
Desirable qualifications, skills and knowledge:
The Finance Team for Ellough and Beccles is based at the London Road, Beccles site however the post holder will be required to attend meetings at the Ellough site which is 2 miles away from the Beccles site.
We are offering a competitive package to attract the appropriate candidate.