Job Title: Multi-skilled Engineer
Hours of Work: 8hour Double Day shift (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm) Monday to Friday
Location: Berry M&H, Industrial Area, Ellough, Suffolk, NR34 7TB, UK
Purpose: Role requires an enthusiastic engineer to work in all aspects of maintenance, predominantly on autonomous, preventive maintenance programs and breakdowns, and a supporting role with C.I. projects and refurbishment as required. Where machine safety systems are correct for the environment and safe working practices are paramount.
- To work together with team in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity throughout the shift, liaising with the Shift Engineer to resolve problem areas.
- Work in a team to deliver sustainable preventative maintenance and reactive and efficient breakdown service on operational equipment.
- Work to set a program of preventative and autonomous maintenance.
- Reactive to breakdowns as required by shift team leader.
- Develop an enthusiastic “can do” methodology to all tasks to be completed.
- To complete all tasks in accordance with the relevant work procedures.
- Ensure all tasks are completed efficiently and professionally.
- Communicating all relevant information to the engineering team leaders.
- Any other tasks requested to aid the efficient running of the engineering environment.
- Work with 6’s practices and procedures in mind. To ensure that the work area is maintained in a safe and clean condition in accordance with site BRC and 6S standards and always being mindful of H&S requirements.
- To work as part of a team and using your own initiative in both planned and emergency breakdown situations.
- The Job Holder must, at all times, undertake tasks with due regard to the health and safety of themselves, their co-workers and visitors, following Company Safe Working Practices and all hygiene rules.
- Employees must plan and perform their work in accordance with the Company Safety, Health and Environmental Policy, standards and procedures; and in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the organisation.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Human Resources immediately of any breach.