Job Title: Production Planner
Location: Berry M&H Gallamore Lane, Market Rasen, LN8 3HZ, UK
The role is responsible for planning production for the Market Rasen site while maintaining a safe working environment.
There will be close working relationships with the Customer Service department as well as the Manufacturing Manager & 4 Shift Managers.
- Generate and maintain production plans, work orders and Barco plans in order to achieve sales order requests.
- Process orders, and with due regard to stock, identify manufacturing requirements.
- Communicate calculated and revised delivery dates to the sales team.
- Monitor and control stock levels.
- Daily prioritising of machine numbers in line with breakdowns or labour requirements.
- Produce and maintain monitoring information, liaising with production, other departments and customers via the sales team to ensure adherence to plan.
- Forward planning using Customer Forecasts.
- Assist with compilation of strategic plans.
- Prepare and develop reports using the Barco system.
- Process and produce manufacturing and performance statistics as required.
- To demonstrate at all times a proactive and flexible approach and to carry out any other reasonable duties
- The post holder may be required to perform duties other than those given in the job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and do not in themselves justify the re-evaluation of the post.
- All employees are required to maintain safe working practices by adhering to the Health and Safety policies of the company in place at any given time.
Key skills and competencies
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages, Excel and Word
- Capable of working as part of a team with relatively little supervision using their own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Pro-active in identifying ways to improve department efficiency
- Knowledge and experience of using Sage and Barco systems