Job Title: Toolroom Technician
Department: Technical Department
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00-16:30, 30mins unpaid lunch break
Location: Berry M&H, Industrial Area, Ellough, Suffolk, NR34 7TB
Purpose: To provide servicing, maintenance and repair of mould to ensure availability for production as required.
- To work together with team in a flexible manner to achieve maximum productivity throughout the shift, liaising with the Shift Engineer to resolve problem areas.
- To carry out mould servicing and repair to the required standard and timing to ensure tools are available for production on time and to plan.
- To carry out minor tooling repairs, modification of ancillary parts as required.
- To liaise with external contractors regarding external refurbishments.
- To complete tooling records detailing all servicing and repair work carried out.
- To ensure that the work area is maintained in a safe and clean condition in accordance with site BRC and 6S standards and always being mindful of H&S requirements.
- To work as part of a team and using your own initiative in both planned and emergency breakdown situations.
- The Job Holder must, at all times, undertake tasks with due regard to the health and safety of themselves, their co-workers and visitors, following Company Safe Working Practices and all hygiene rules.
- Employees must plan and perform their work in accordance with the Company Safety, Health and Environmental Policy, standards and procedures; and in compliance with statutory provisions.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the organisation.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Human Resources immediately of any breach.
- Communication skills
- Sound judgement skills
- Able to manage risk
- Personal accountability/ownership
- Quality of work
- Good Team Player
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Mechanical engineer qualification (desirable)
- Educated to GCSE Grade C level
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Knowledge of plastics manufacturing industry
- Engineering background / mechanical aptitude
- Machining experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of either ISBM, EBM, IM processing